WE’VE MISSED YOU!
After careful consideration and following guidance from federal, state, and local authorities, Riverside EpiCenter will re-open Tuesday May 26, 2020. Thank you for your patience as we work to responsibly re-engage each of the services within our facility.
We are committed to the safety and well being of all members, guests, and employees. That’s why we are taking many precautions to ensure that our re-opening goes smoothly and safely. This includes hourly sanitation, social distancing practices, reduced hours, reduced capacities, and much more!
PLEASE READ BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
Here are some things you can expect when walking into our building…
- Centralized entry at the main doors with sign-in for contact tracing.
- Face Shields – employees working at counter locations will be behind counter face shields.
- Temperature check station – each person entering will have their temperature checked with a “no touch” thermometer.
- Social distancing floor decals – sprinkled around the facility you will find reminders to maintain 6-ft of physical distance from your neighbor.
- Redefining clean – we have intensified our cleaning standards with enhanced training, equipment, and deep cleaning frequency to mitigate possible viral spread as we re-engage with the public.
- Construction – Cobb County has made significant progress in redirecting the South Service Road between the Riverside EpiCenter and Wendy’s. The EpiCenter parking lot is impacted, affecting some parking spaces and driving paths. Please pay attention to the signage as you navigate the parking lot.
Things you should bring with you…
Face coverings or masks are required in each area of the facility.
EPIFIT CLUB MEMBER INFORMATION
***Billing for active members will resume on June 1, 2020.***
- Wet Area Closure – the wet area (sauna, steam room, and whirlpool) in both locker rooms will remain closed to make it easier for our members and guests to follow social distancing protocol.
- Sports Hall Closure – in order to minimize physical contact, the basketball court will remain closed until further notice.
- Classes – indoor classes will resume when we are sure it is safe to do so. In the mean time, we will continue providing outdoor classes throughout the week.
- Social Distancing – social distancing will be enforced. Workout equipment has been rearranged in a way that allows safe physical distance.
- Masks During Workout – workouts with a face covering can be challenging and may be unsafe. Those working out who desire to remove their face covering are permitted to do so while on the equipment. Once a workout session is complete, however, we ask that you kindly replace the covering for your safety and for that of your workout neighbor
- Equipment Sanitation – as per usual, please thoroughly wipe equipment once your workout session has concluded. Wipes are available at each entrance on the workout floor.
- EXCITING NEWS… stay tuned for more!!!
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Limit the number of personal belongings you take into the building.
- Maintain a safe distance of 6 feet or more from any individuals.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
UPDATE (4/22/20 12:30pm)
Riverside EpiCenter Members and Guests,
We hope and pray that this finds you and your family healthy and safe. As many of you know, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp declared that fitness clubs, bowling alleys, and other public gathering places in Georgia are permitted to reopen beginning Friday April 24, 2020. After careful consideration, the Riverside EpiCenter has made the decision to remain closed as we await guidance from health officials on how best to ensure the safety of all members, guests, and staff.
We appreciate your patience in this process. COVID-19 challenges the health of our community and the health of our business. We are eager to resume service and we will do so as soon as possible. We will reopen, however, only when we can responsibly reengage in a way that mitigates risk to all – members guests, and staff. While we are closed, we continue intensive steps to sanitize and refresh the entire facility. Soon we will share exciting updates that will increase your confidence in public gathering and enhance your Riverside EpiCenter experience.
Please stay tuned to the Riverside EpiCenter website, social media pages, and email for more information regarding an opening date and other steps we are taking to ensure your safety. Thank you for your continued support and for being part of the Riverside EpiCenter family.
In this with you,
UPDATE (3/25/20 12:30pm)
In compliance with the Cobb County “shelter-in-place order,” the Riverside EpiCenter Arcade, Bowling, Rock Wall, EpiFIT Club, and The LOFT Cafe will remain CLOSED until further notice.
UPDATE (3/16/20 7:25pm)
Dear Members & Guests:
Your safety is our utmost concern. Following guidance from federal, state, and local authorities, and out of an abundance of caution, we are closing the Riverside EpiFIT Club until further notice. Federal guidance issued today requests that organizations, specifically including fitness clubs, close for 15 days to minimize the spread of COVID19. We have decided to follow that guidance and will re-evaluate in the days and weeks ahead. Therefore, effective Tuesday March 17, 2020 at 5pm, the Riverside EpiFIT Club will close temporarily. Please note, the EpiFIT Club will open Tuesday at the regular time but will close at 5pm.
For answers to FAQs for EpiFIT Club members, please click here.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to keep our members, guests, and employees safe. Blessings to you and your family. Stay tuned for more information.
Make Everyday EPIC,
Riverside EpiCenter Leadership Team
UPDATE (3/16/20 10:00am)
As an update to previous communication, beginning Monday March 16th and until further notice, the entertainment areas, including EPIC Bowling, the Arcade, and the Rock Wall, along with the LOFT Cafe, will CLOSED to the general public. At this time, we will continue operation of the EpiFIT Club. Club members are strongly encouraged to follow CDC social distancing guidelines and allow 6-feet of space between social interactions. We will monitor utilization of the club and recommendations from authorities as we decide operation plans into the week ahead.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
Dear Members and Guests,
The health and wellness of our employees and guests remains our top priority. We are closely following the public health recommendations of state and local health departments, the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19 with a focus on keeping our teams and guests safe and healthy.
The Riverside EpiCenter remains open for business. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when joining us. We are an industry that is already governed by strict health and safety standards, so we have reinforced our existing sanitation procedures and implemented enhanced precautions to make our facilities even cleaner and to help our guests feel as safe as possible.
These enhanced measures include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces, including fitness club equipment, arcade games and bowling lanes, door handles and countertops.
- Continued deep cleaning and sanitation of the food court, café, restrooms, and all event areas before and after shifts.
- Staff education on preventative measures including diligent implementation of our existing handwashing policy for all team members.
- Ensuring all team members are healthy and re-emphasizing our “stay home” policy if sick.
During times such as this, we need your support as well. If you suspect you are ill, we ask that you please stay home and not visit our facility. Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Riverside EpiCenter. Blessings to you and your family now and in the days to come!
Make Everyday EPIC,
Riverside EpiCenter Leadership Team
Riverside EpiCenter Coronavirus Preparedness Statement
Our facility is currently open as scheduled. The health and safety of our guests and employees is our priority and we perform regular cleaning and disinfecting of handles, door knobs, and other surfaces, along with other standard cleaning and disinfecting tasks out of an abundance of caution. Additionally, air vents and air handlers are receiving added attention given the enhanced concern
over airborne illness.
Alcohol-based sanitizers are available in employee break areas, public restrooms, and throughout the facility, including food locations. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the best prevention is regular hand washing with warm water and hand soap for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Like all public venues, we continue to monitor the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation and follow guidance from the CDC. We are stressing to all employees to take the same preventive measures,
up to and including staying home if there is a perceived illness.
We will remain vigilant in our attempts to keep a safe
and healthy environment.